Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smothered Chile Colorado Burritos

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Smothered Chile Colorado Burritos Empty
PostSubject: Smothered Chile Colorado Burritos   Smothered Chile Colorado Burritos EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:29 am

http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/08/smothered-chile-colorado-burritos-crock-pot/
Smothered Chile Colorado Burritos (CROCK POT)! It doesn't get much easier or delicious than this meal! It is fantastic!

This amazing meal is done in the crock pot! It doesn't get much easier or delicious than this! It is fantastic!
Ingredients
Print This Recipe Print This Recipe

1 1/2 lbs. stew meat
1 (19 oz) can red enchilada sauce I use El Paso Mild brand
2 beef bullion cubes
refried beans either from a can or the recipe I provided you with
5-7 burrito size tortillas
1 cup shredded cheese more or less depend ending on personal preference

Instructions

Put beef pieces into crock pot. Top with crushed bouillon cubes and enchilada sauce. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until meat is very tender.
When beef is done (very tender and flakes off when stirred), taste and add more salt, if desired.
Make sure beans are warmed through. You can use canned refried beans or the recipe I provided you with.
Smear about 2 heaping spoons worth of beans on to the center of each tortilla. Add about 1/2 cup of beef, give or take, and roll into a burrito.
Place burritos into a greased 9x13 baking pan until it fills the pan. Pour some of extra sauce over the tops of the burritos to smother them. Place cheese on top.
Broil until cheese becomes bubbly, approx. 2-4 minutes.
This recipe makes about 5-7 burritos depending on how big you make them.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Smothered Chile Colorado Burritos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Creative Endeavors :: Recipes :: Ethnic :: Mexican-
Jump to: