Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spice Holiday Stovetop Potpourr

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Spice Holiday Stovetop Potpourr Empty
PostSubject: Spice Holiday Stovetop Potpourr   Spice Holiday Stovetop Potpourr EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:43 am

http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2010/12/make-your-own-simmering-spice-holiday.html
Make Your Own Simmering Spice Holiday Stovetop Potpourri {great hostess gift too}
I love to simmer this mixture on the stovetop as I'm decorating for the holidays {or getting ready to entertain} - It's smells delicious!

Ingredients:
1 Fresh Orange {sliced}
1 Fresh Lemon {sliced}
4 Cinnamon Sticks {broken up}
3 Tablespoons of Whole Cloves
2 Tablespoon of Whole All Spice
1 Tablespoon of Ground Nutmeg
1 Tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon
4 Cups of Water

Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and heat on the stovetop until it reaches a rolling boil. Reduce to simmer and keep an eye on the water level; if it gets low - add more. {lasts up to 2 hours}

This also makes a great little hostess gift. I would suggest making this the day of and keeping in the fridge - it should be used within a day. Simply add the ingredients to a glass jar {minus the ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon - you can attach these in a small bag to the jar or simply leave out for the hostess to add}. Since most canning {or recycled spaghetti sauce} jars will only hold 2 cups of water, the rest will have to be added when used. I have created a few printable labels you can attached to the jar lid {found here} - They include the directions as well as instructions on adding the additional ingredients. {to print - click the download button and select the high resolution option}

This makes the whole house smell yummy ~ Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Spice Holiday Stovetop Potpourr
Page 1 of 1