Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cinnamon Sugared Walnuts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Cinnamon Sugared Walnuts Empty
PostSubject: Cinnamon Sugared Walnuts   Cinnamon Sugared Walnuts EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:00 am

http://eatgood4life.blogspot.com/2011/10/cinnamon-sugared-walnuts.html
Cinnamon sugared walnuts

I have just finished making a batch of these beauties. Not only they were simple and easy but super delicious. I could not get enough.......this is not good :-)

The reason for making these was that I wanted to give them away. I package them in cellophane bags as a gift to one of my friends. She has been kind enough to drop off and pick up my son to and from school while recuperating from surgery.

She also brought me this amazing chicken noddle soup, which I will be posting the recipe when ever I get a chance. It was the best chicken noddle soup ever.....

I guess you can make this recipe with which ever nuts you may prefer. I think with peanuts it will be really good. That is what I am going to do next time :-)

Ingredients:
Yields 10 servings

1 lb whole walnuts
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup milk (I used low fat milk)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a saucepan combine the sugar, milk, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk over medium high heat until all of the ingredients are combined completely, then stop stirring and bring to a boil. Boil the mixture gently until it reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 15 minutes.

Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Add walnuts working as quickly as possible to coat them all.

Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Break apart any big chunks and allow to cool completely.

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Cinnamon Sugared Walnuts
Page 1 of 1