Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stuffed Mushrooms

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Stuffed Mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Stuffed Mushrooms   Stuffed Mushrooms EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 5:39 pm

http://skinnyms.com/stuffed-mushrooms/

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
16 ounces large bella mushrooms (wipe off with paper towel, do not rinse)
1/2 cup diced sweet onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup finely diced sun-dried tomatoes, packaged in olive oil
2 cups baby spinach, torn into pieces
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs, we used whole wheat panko
1 (4 ounce) container feta cheese, low fat or fat free
4 tablespoons cup parmesan cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Remove stems from mushrooms and dice.

In a medium skillet, add oil and heat to medium-low, saute onion, mushroom stems and sun-dried tomatoes until tender, about 4 minutes. Add minced garlic and continue to saute one additional minute. Add spinach and saute just until wilted. Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients but only 3 tablespoons of parmesan, stir to combine. Stuff mushrooms with mixture, place on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with remaining tablespoon parmesan, and heat until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. *Mushrooms are very hot coming out of the oven so be sure to cool a few minutes before serving. This appetizer is yummy warm or cold.

Note: The mushrooms may release liquid, so when removing from the cookie sheet lightly dap with a paper towel before serving. Stuffed mushrooms are a perfect dinner party appetizer.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Stuffed Mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Classic Stuffed Mushrooms   Stuffed Mushrooms EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:28 pm

http://dinnerideas.us/classic-stuffed-mushrooms-recipe/

You can use either cremini or regular button mushrooms. The recipe can easily be scaled up - doubled or tripled. Scrub the mushrooms well first, then just snap out the stems. They'll come out easily, no need to use a knife. For parties, make the stuffing and have the mushrooms cleaned and stems removed ahead of time. But don't cook them until you want to serve: Once cooked, stuffed mushrooms do not hold up well for long periods. Bake some, serve and repeat.

Ingredients:

18-24 button or cremini mushrooms, scrubbed clean, stems separated from the caps -
1 Tbsp butter -
2 small shallots, minced, about 2 Tbsp -
1 large garlic clove, minced -
2 Tbsp chopped walnuts -
Salt -
2 Tbsp chopped parsley -
1 teaspoon herbes de Provence or dried thyme -
2 Tbsp breadcrumbs -
2 Tbsp sherry or chicken stock -
2 Tbsp olive oil -
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese -

Instructions:

1 Preheat oven to 375°F.

2 Finely chop the mushroom stems. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the chopped mushroom stems and the shallots for 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic and walnuts and sprinkle with salt. Stir well and sauté 2 more minutes. Turn off the heat and add the parsley, herbes de Provence and breadcrumbs. Pour the sherry into a food processor, then the rest of the stuffing. Pulse several times to get a fine mixture, almost a paste.

3 Toss the mushroom caps with olive oil. Fill each mushroom with the stuffing. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over each mushroom and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese browns a little. Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so before serving.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Stuffed Mushrooms
Page 1 of 1