Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marshmellow Treats

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Marshmellow Treats Empty
PostSubject: Marshmellow Treats   Marshmellow Treats EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 5:56 pm

http://thecozyapron.com/sticky-fun-with-peanut-buttery-two-bite-marshmallow-treats/

Peanut Buttery, Crisped Rice and Marshmallow Two-Bite Treats dipped in Milk Chocolate

(Makes about 48, two-bite treats)

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons unsalted butter
*10-ounce bag all-natural marshmallows (“Dandies” brand gelatin-free, vanilla flavored)
*6 cups Erewhon brand “Rice Twice” all-natural cereal (or other natural, crisped rice cereal)
4 tablespoons all-natural, salted peanut butter
¾ cup milk chocolate chips (or semi-sweet is fine)
¼ cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped

*These ingredients can be found at Whole Foods Market, or your local health food store.

Preparation:

-Place a large, non-stick pot over medium-high heat, and add the butter; once the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and allow to melt, gently stirring with a rubber spatula to blend well; once marshmallows are melted, turn the heat off and add the cereal, and stir gently to combine well; once fairly well combined, add in the peanut butter, and stir once again to incorporate it into the marshmallow/cereal mixture very well; once thoroughly combined, bring the pot with the mixture over to a work surface and begin rolling small, two-bite size balls of the cereal mixture between your palms, compressing a little bit as you roll to help form them (the peanut butter may make them slightly less sticky), and set them onto a large piece of parchment or wax paper; once all of the mixture is rolled into the balls, prepare the milk chocolate to dip them into.

-To melt the chocolate, add the milk chocolate chips to a bowl set over a pot of simmering water (double-boiler method), and stir the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula until they are melted; bring the melted chocolate, along with the pot of hot water, over to your work surface where the cereal balls are; keep the bowl of melted chocolate over the hot water to help it stay fluid and remain melted; begin dipping the top of each ball into the melted milk chocolate, and place onto the parchment or wax paper once again to set slightly; after dipping about 5 balls, sprinkle a little of the finely chopped peanuts over their tops while the chocolate is still warm so that the nuts stick; repeat this with all of the cereal balls, and then allow the chocolate to set slightly, for 2-3 hours in a cool area, if possible.

To Serve:

-Place the Two-Bite Treats onto a serving platter and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Marshmellow Treats
Page 1 of 1