Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Decorate with Serenity in Mind

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Decorate with Serenity in Mind Empty
PostSubject: Decorate with Serenity in Mind   Decorate with Serenity in Mind EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:19 am

http://www.apartmentguide.com/blog/?p=22521
Posted on August 23, 2012

Whatever will keep you calm and content has a place in a serene decorating scheme for your apartment.
    Your apartment is an oasis where you can get away from the problems of the outside world. If you find yourself shouting, “Serenity, now!” as a mantra, you might want to add some calming elements to your apartment decor.
    Follow these tips to decorate your apartment with serenity in mind.
  1. Pick calming colors
    One way to add a sense of serenity to your apartment décor is by choosing calming colors to feature in the room. Whether you paint the walls, display wall hangings or accessorize with cushions or pillows, pick out soothing colors that will help you calm down after a long, stressful day. Stay away from colors that are too bright or stimulating and turn, instead, to cool tones – preferably those found in nature.
  2. Go for comfort
    Nothing says serenity like comfort. When choosing your apartment furnishings, go with furniture that makes it easy to relax, comforting pieces that will welcome you after a hard day and help you unwind. You might pick one comfy piece to be your serene center of the room, or buy soft pillows or cushions to spread around the floor for lounging.
  3. Engage the senses
    Achieving serenity is easier when you use your senses to will the tension in your body to melt away. Here are some ways you can engage your senses in your serene décor:
    Sight: Use focusing imagery such as religious iconography or pictures of nature – whatever will get you in tune with your inner peace.
    Sound: Buy a white noise machine or play calming music to help you unwind.
    Smell: Keep incense or aromatic oils in your apartment to engage your sense of smell in the serenity experience.
  4. Keep your apartment uncluttered
    Clutter leads to stress, the natural enemy of serenity. Keeping your serene décor clean and uncluttered will go a long way towards keeping you cool, calm and collected, as well.
  5. Add personal touches
    Serenity means something a little different thing to everyone. Adding special tokens in the room will take you back to special places and times in your life when you felt at peace, whether that would be shells from the beach or pebbles from a favorite garden. These mementos will remind you of those times of tranquility and help you recapture the feeling of serenity.

You can also add items related to favorite activities that help soothe you. If reading a good book calms you down, decorate with a bookshelf of interesting titles.
    Whatever will keep you calm and content has a place in your serene decorating scheme. Create an apartment that is your place of escape when the outside world gets a little too hectic.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1