Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fall: Decorating ideas

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Fall: Decorating ideas Empty
PostSubject: Fall: Decorating ideas   Fall: Decorating ideas EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:29 am

http://www.midwestliving.com/homes/seasonal-decorating/pumpkin-decorating-projects/?page=9

Leafy centerpiece

Display your favorite fall foliage colors with simple decoupage (gluing flat objects or pictures to a surface). Real leaves applied to a white pumpkin set a sophisticated scene.

Set leaves between paper towels and flatten them under a book for at least five days. Then brush decoupage glue on a white pumpkin. Arrange the leaves on the pumpkin's surface. Cut small slits along the edges of the leaves as you go, so they'll fit the pumpkin's contours. To finish, coat the decorated surface in decoupage glue.

Black magic

Create black-and-orange etched designs on three or four pumpkins for a bewitching display. Carve out one to hold a vase full of flowers.

To start, spray-paint the pumpkins a matte black finish. (Protect the stems with tape.) When the pumpkins are dry, use a paring knife to scrape away the painted surface in vertical or horizontal lines. Or etch a simple shape or pattern, such as the sun or a zigzag.

Window dressing

An assortment of mini pumpkins and fresh fall leaves creates a pretty fall window swag.

Knot your fall bounty on a length of rustic twine, and swag across your panes to frame a pretty autumn view.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Fall: Decorating ideas
Page 1 of 1