Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Boozy Birthdaay Cake Shots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Boozy Birthdaay Cake Shots Empty
PostSubject: Boozy Birthdaay Cake Shots   Boozy Birthdaay Cake Shots EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:09 am

http://sweetapolita.com/2012/03/boozy-birthday-cake-shots/
Boozy Birthday Cake Shots

I wanted to share this boozy delight with you to get the weekend off to the right start, because it’s just too much fun not to. Remember I mentioned in my last post, that some girlfriends and I had some fun with Birthday Cake Shots a recent birthday get-together? I discovered cake shots after perusing the Pinnacle vodka site while I was planning cakey drinks to make at the party, and there was no way I was letting that go. I probably don’t have to tell you that bringing out cake vodka, whipped cream, sprinkles and more during a birthday party (or anytime) will definitely elicit some serious party-goer enthusiasm.

Even though I’m not a frequent alcohol drinker, discovering cake flavoured vodka has been a pretty life-changing experience. I suddenly find myself randomly texting friends & family when I discover a new cake martini variation and googling things like “cake shooter recipes.” And I may or may not have started to carry sprinkles in my evening bag. Oh wait, I was already doing that.

Here’s the recipe for the cake shots I made, as well as a handful of boozy treat links from some blogging friends (below):

Boozy Birthday Cake Shots

adapted from pinnaclevodka.com

Yield: 1 shot (but you can make up to 6 at a time in a standard martini shaker)

Ingredients

1 ounce cake flavoured vodka (e.g. Pinnacle or Three Olives)
1 teaspoon dry white cake mix
1/4 ounce whipped cream flavoured vodka (e.g. Pinnacle)
1/4 ounce chocolate liqueur
1/2 ounce half & half (10.5-18% fat cream)
whipped cream (for topping)
sprinkles (for topping)

Shake all ingredients in a martini shaker with ice and strain into sprinkle-rimmed (optional) aor shot glass and top with whipped cream and more sprinkles.

Sweetapolita’s Notes

The dry cake mix dissolves right into the drink when you shake it up in the martini shaker, I promise.
If you can only find the cake vodka, you can always use more in place of the whipped cream vodka or chocolate liqueur–it’s good both ways! Or, so they tell me. *ahem* You actually can’t go wrong–you can improvise with any sweet liqueur along with the cake vodka. For some reason it all seems to work. Again, so they tell me.
Okay, I know I now sound like the Pinnacle poster girl, but if you click here, you can find 5 pages of cake vodka drink recipes!
Please don’t cake & drive. xo
Jessica's Cakei Batter Martin
Michael's Bourbon and Chocolate Pudding
Naomi's Thin Mint & Baileys Chocolate Floatl
Steph's Bourbon and Brown Butter Brownies
Naomi's Car Bomb Jello Shots
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Boozy Birthdaay Cake Shots
Page 1 of 1