Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gelatin Pinwheel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Gelatin Pinwheel Empty
PostSubject: Gelatin Pinwheel   Gelatin Pinwheel EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:28 pm

http://www.joyofjello.com/?p=1085

Celebrate Jello Week with these yummy treats! What kid could resist them? So cute! How fun would they be in a lunch box or for a holiday or party treat! You can do them in any color for any theme: red for Valentines, red and green for Christmas, orange for Halloween, green for St. Patricks, red and blue for 4th of July etc.

My kids were not in agreement as to the name of these treats. On the Kraft website http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/easy-marshmallow-pinwheels-51697.aspx they are called Gelatin Pinwheels, but some of my kids thought that fruity roll-ups sounded better. Either way they are fun, easy and delicious!

Gelatin Pinwheel/ Fruity Roll-Ups

1 (3 oz.) pkg. jello
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
Lightly spray an 8 or 9 inch pan square pan with non-stick cooking spray and make sure it is spread well.

Stir together water and jello powder in a glass bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Remove bowl and stir well making sure jello is dissolved. If necessary, return to microwave for 20 seconds or so to make sure jello is dissolved and stir again.

Add marshmallows and return to microwave for 20-40 seconds or until marshmallows have just begun to puff. This is the key to a successful marshmallow layer! If you over cook the marshmallows, they just dissolve and your roll-up will not have two distinct layers.

Whisk quickly until marshmallows are dissolved.

Pour quickly into prepared pan and chill in fridge for 45 minutes or until well set. Creamy layer will float to the top.

Remove the pan from fridge. At this point, the jello should be very firm and easy to handle. Gently pull one side away from pan and lift entire sheet onto counter. Starting at one end, roll up tightly. With seam side down, cut into 10-12 (1/2) inch slices. We found it easiest to cut with a piece of thread or dental floss. Just put the string around roll-up, cross and pull.

Yummy treat for kids
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

Now Go Spread Some Fruity Gelatin Pinwheel Joy!
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Gelatin Pinwheel
Page 1 of 1