Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Baked Chocolate Chaud

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Baked Chocolate Chaud Empty
PostSubject: Baked Chocolate Chaud   Baked Chocolate Chaud EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:46 pm

http://chasingsomebluesky.blogspot.com/2011/10/baked-hot-chocolat.html
adapted from Essence of Chocolate by Scharffen Berger

10 oz semisweet chocolate chopped
6 tbsp butter
4 large eggs
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste

1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees .
  2. Arrange four 1 cup ovenproof coffee cups in a baking or roasting pan and begin boiling water to pour around cups during baking.
  3. Add water to bottom of a double boiler and set to simmer. Place the chocolate and chopped butter in the top of a double boiler melt, stirring until smooth. Remove from chocolate from heat, stir in vanilla bean paste and set aside, leaving the simmering water on the burner.
  4. Stir the eggs and sugar together in the mixer bowl; set over pan of simmering water and whisk until warm to the touch.
  5. Using whisk attachment, beat eggs and sugar for 3 to 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
  6. Carefully fold the eggs into the chocolate mixture until it is light and smooth.
  7. Spoon the batter into the cups and place on middle rack in oven. Pour boiling water into roasting pan to come about 1/3-1/2 way up the side of the cups.
  8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until set and no longer shiny on top.
  9. Carefully remove the cups from the pan and let cool on rack. The cakes can be served warm, at room temperature or covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day. To reheat, bring to room temperature and place in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 5 minutes, or until warm.
  10. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or even melted marshmallows

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Baked Chocolate Chaud
Page 1 of 1