Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sweet Potato Casserole with pecan topping

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Sweet Potato Casserole with pecan topping Empty
PostSubject: Sweet Potato Casserole with pecan topping   Sweet Potato Casserole with pecan topping EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:48 am

http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/sweet-potato-casserole-recipe/
Sweet Potato Casserole

Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours

Ingredients:

3 ½ pounds fresh sweet potatoes (about 5 medium)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the Topping

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Wash the sweet potatoes, prick them with a fork and place on baking sheet. Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 75-90 minutes or until they are cooked through. Allow potatoes to cool slightly until they are comfortable to touch.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 9 inch casserole dish, set aside.
3. Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop the insides into a large mixing bowl, discard skins.
4. Add sugar, eggs, salt, cinnamon, butter, milk, and vanilla to the sweet potatoes. Use an electric mixer and combine until the mixture is thoroughly incorporated and smooth.
5. Scoop mixture into prepared casserole dish, smoothing the top into an even layer.
6. In medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven 30-40 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Sweet Potato Casserole with pecan topping
Page 1 of 1