Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chocolate Mint Tea Ice Cream (superfoods)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Chocolate Mint Tea Ice Cream (superfoods) Empty
PostSubject: Chocolate Mint Tea Ice Cream (superfoods)   Chocolate Mint Tea Ice Cream (superfoods) EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:12 am

http://skinnyms.com/chocolate-mint-tea-ice-cream/

Avocados are one of my favorite fruits because of their great taste and impressive health benefits! Avocados contain an amazing amount of carotenoids including beta-carotene, lutein, alpha-carotene, and zeaxanthin that function as antioxidants which all work together to fight inflammation, strengthen your immune system, and protect your body against free radical damage.

Avocados are an excellent source of healthy fats including monounsaturated fat and alpha-linolenic acid an omega-3 fatty acid. Avocados are nutrient-rich with high levels of vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, potassium, folate, and fiber.

Coconut Palm Sugar is an unrefined sugar that’s nutrient rich with a low glycemic index. This sweetener has a mild taste that is similar to light brown sugar and can be used in baked goods, coffee, tea and just about any dish that calls for sugar.

Coconut milk is a great dairy-free milk to use in this ice cream. Coconut and its milk have so many health benefits that I could go on and on but I will say that one of the most important health benefits of coconut is that is contains lauric and capric acid which are important medium chain fatty acids. These medium chain fatty acids have potent anti-microbial and anti-viral properties which will protect and strengthen your immune system. Medium chain fatty acids are also used by our body for energy rather than being stored as fat.

Once you add the raw cacao, fresh mint, vanilla, and green tea you have a superfood treat that will fill your body with tons of healing nutrients guaranteed to put a smile on your face!

Chocolate Mint Tea Ice Cream

Ingredients

Makes 2—2½ pints
4 cups organic regular coconut milk
2—Zhena’s Mojito Mint tea sachets
1 cup organic coconut palm sugar (I used Wholesome Sweeteners brand)
Seeds from 1 vanilla bean or 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
⅛ teaspoon unrefined sea salt
1 small avocado
8 large fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon ELF raw cacao powder
Optional: 1 —3 ounce Theo organic fair trade mint dark chocolate bar chopped into small pieces

Directions

Place the coconut milk in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until hot and simmering. Add tea sachets, turn heat to low and steep tea for 3 minutes.

Remove tea sachets and stir in coconut sugar, vanilla bean seeds or extract, and sea salt. Pour tea milk into a heat proof container and chill for several hours or overnight.

Once done chilling take tea milk from refrigerator, place in a blender and add avocado meat, mint leaves, and raw cacao powder blending until smooth.

Place ice cream in chilled ice cream container and freeze according to ice cream manufacturer’s directions. Once ice cream is done stir in chocolate pieces if using and enjoy immediately.

This ice cream will last for 2-3 weeks stored in an airtight container in the freezer. Once you freeze the ice cream in your freezer, you need to let it sit out for around 20 minutes to get soft before serving.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Chocolate Mint Tea Ice Cream (superfoods)
Page 1 of 1