Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gordon Ramsay's Scrambled Eggs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Gordon Ramsay's Scrambled Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Gordon Ramsay's Scrambled Eggs   Gordon Ramsay's Scrambled Eggs EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 5:23 pm

http://mykindoffood.blogspot.com/2009/03/in-praise-of-eggs.html

Gordon Ramsay’s Scrambled Eggs

Admittedly, I have made eggs in a more conventional and straight-forward manner, but having made these eggs several times now, it is worth the extra effort if you have the time to make it this way. The result is a very tender and glossy curd and is an excellent way to begin a morning.

6 eggs
3 tbsp butter, cut into chunks
1 tbsp crème fraiche
black pepper

snipped chives & sea salt for garnish

1. Crack the eggs into a small saucepan. Add butter pieces and heat slowly under medium-low heat. Stir continuously with a spatula until eggs are fully incorporated and butter begins to melt.
2. Remove off heat for a moment and continue to stir, gently turning and flipping over the curds. Return to heat again turning and flipping the curds. (It is important not to rush this step, the eggs are cooking slowly through this process. Turning them over ensures that there are no hot spots and the result is evenly cooked, glossy eggs.) This process should take about 5-7 minutes.
3. Once eggs are no longer runny, but not dry (glossy but distinct mounds of egg are visible), turn off heat. And fold in crème fraiche and chives.
4. Spoon onto toasted wholegrain bread and finish with a sprinkle of sea salt.
5. Serve immediately.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Gordon Ramsay's Scrambled Eggs
Page 1 of 1