Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Really Big Bubbles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Really Big Bubbles Empty
PostSubject: Really Big Bubbles   Really Big Bubbles EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:52 pm

http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2011/04/really-big-bubble-maker.html

Really BIG Bubble Maker
This activity was so cheap and easy to do, but the results were awesome and the kids LOVED it.

Check out these really BIG bubbles!

Now look how easy it is to make this bubble maker.

Here's what you need:

plastic straws
cotton string ( I think mine was cotton, I found it in my junk drawer)
bubble solution ( See THIS POST for recipes and a refill container)
shallow container

Here's what to do:

1. Take two straws. Mine were really long, so I cut them down to about 6".

2. Thread a length of string through the straws. The size of your string determines the size of your bubbles. Mine was about 30" long and was a nice, manageable size for the kids. ( TIP: If you're having problems threading the string through the straw, insert the string into one end and suck in on the other end. You might end up with a mouthful of string, but it pulls it right through! Smile )

3. Tie the string so it forms a large loop. Then, move the knot so it's inside one of the straws.

Knot is moved inside one of the straws.

4. Take two more straws and insert them to form handles.
( I actually had two different sized straws, but I'm sure if you pinched the ends,
you could still push in the straws for handles. )

5. Pour your bubble solution into a shallow container. Submerge the string and straws, then slowly lift up by the handles. Gently pull apart the handles until the strings are taut, then let the wind or your movement help a big bubble take shape. It took a few tries to get the hang of it, but the kids loved perfecting their techniques.

NOTE: I adapted it to add the extra two straws as handles, but the original idea
came from this cool book of games and activities for kids.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Really Big Bubbles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Creative Endeavors :: Crafts :: For the Littles-
Jump to: