Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Glow in the Dark Drinks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Glow in the Dark Drinks Empty
PostSubject: Glow in the Dark Drinks   Glow in the Dark Drinks EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:54 pm

http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2011/06/glow-in-dark-drinks.html

Glow-in-the-Dark Drinks
Okay, this is seriously so cool!
The kids got the biggest kick out of these drinks
( they got to drink soda AND it glowed!!) and it was so simple.

Awesome, isn't it?

To celebrate the first night of Summer Vacation, the kids got to go out in the backyard in their pj's to catch lightning bugs. While they were filling their jar with fireflies, I remembered THIS cool idea for glow cones I'd seen on Pinterest. I ran inside to see if I had everything I needed. Luckily, I found a package of glow sticks leftover from Halloween. I didn't have any shaved ice, so I just used Sprite, but it was still super cool.

This is all you need: some glowsticks, clear plastic tumbler cups, larger opaque cups ( I used the red keg cups) and your beverage.

Activate your glow sticks and bend them to fit in the bottom of your larger cup. ( If your glowsticks have the connector piece to make them into a bracelet, it's helpful to make it into a circle so it stays in place and doesn't push up on the clear cup). Nestle the clear cup inside the larger cup and fill with your drink.

That's it! Serve to your amazed kids ( or fill with an adult beverage and serve to some amazed adults!)

I definitely plan on doing this again throughout the summer. How cool would it be to have when you're waiting for fireworks on the Fourth of July?
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Glow in the Dark Drinks
Page 1 of 1