Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sponge Balls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Sponge Balls Empty
PostSubject: Sponge Balls   Sponge Balls EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:56 pm

http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2010/08/spongeball-splashpants.html

SpongeBall Splashpants!
Even though we're not SpongeBob viewers here, we thought this was a fun name for this project I came across. It's easy, very inexpensive and lots of fun ~ which makes it a perfect activity in my book. The total project cost was about $2 (for 10 spongeballs) and took about 15 minutes total! It also had the bonus of being one of those projects that you can enjoy doing together with your kids, but then allow them to play with the finished project themselves (while you get to rest!) Plus, unlike water balloons, the water fun can last for hours instead of just a few minutes.

Here's what you need:

Sponges (I got a pack of 10 at the Dollar Store)
Plastic cable zip ties (mine were 4" ones I had left over from something else)
Scissors
Water and a bucket or bowl

Sponges and cable zip ties

Here's what to do:

1. Take two sponges and cut them into long strips. Ours were about 3x5", and we were able to cut 4 long strips out of each. The kids (ages 4,6 and 7) could easily do this on their own with their kids' scissors.

2. Gather the strips together in a bundle with ends fairly even. Use a zip tie to cinch them in the middle and pull tight. I helped the kids fasten and cinch the zip ties (and used my teeth to pull it really tight Wink ) Trim the excess off from the zip tie and you're good to go.

We filled buckets with water, went into the backyard and had fun. They enjoyed throwing them into the air or just squeezing the soaked spongeballs over their heads. The spongeballs are soft enough that kids can throw them at each other in a waterfight (although one of mine usually ends up whining & crying within minutes if they get squirted or splashed by their brother or sister *rolls eyes* )
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Sponge Balls
Page 1 of 1