Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gak

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Gak Empty
PostSubject: Gak   Gak EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:00 pm

http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2010/08/gak.html

GAK!
This substance is super cool!
Your kids (and any nearby adults) will spend hours squishing, smushing, and stretching it to discover all its amazing properties!

Here's what you need:

Elmer's glue (4 oz bottle)
Borax (powder found in the laundry aisle)
food coloring
water

Here's what to do:

1. Put 1/2 cup water in a bowl. Pour in the whole bottle of glue and mix together.

2. Add food coloring to make your favorite colors and mix well again.

3. In a separate container (one with a spout for pouring is helpful) heat one cup of water. (I just microwaved it for a minute). Add 1 tbsp of the Borax, and mix well until it dissolves. Add an additional 1/2 teaspoon of Borax to the water and stir until dissolved again. Continue adding 1/2 tsp at a time until no more will dissolve. (I ended up adding 3 or 4 more 1/2 teaspoons).

4. Pour the Borax water into your glue mixture and stir well. It will immediately start to clump together. Continue stirring until you have a glob in the center and liquid around it.

5. Carefully lift out the glob. It'll be really slimy and sticky. Squish it in your hands until it solidifies more. It will lose some of its sliminess and hold its shape more. Pour out the excess liquid.

6. HAVE FUN!!! You and your children will discover all sorts of fun ways to stretch and play with your Gak! If you pull it slowly it'll stretch out. If you pull it apart quickly, it'll break. Set one glob on top of another and watch it "melt" together. Lots of fun!

7. Store your Gak in a covered container or plastic bag. It'll last for a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Gak
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Creative Endeavors :: Crafts :: For the Littles-
Jump to: