Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits Empty
PostSubject: Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits   Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:43 pm

http://www.blueeyedbakers.com/home/2010/11/8/buttermilk-cheddar-biscuits-a-giveaway.html

Makes 8 biscuits
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics

Print Recipe

2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, diced
1/2 cup cold buttermilk
1 large egg
1 cup grated extra-sharp Cheddar
1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water or milk
Maldon sea salt, optional

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In the bowl of a food processor, combine 2 cups of flour, baking powder, salt and butter. Pulse mixture until a coarse meal forms and the butter is the size of peas. In a small bowl, beat together buttermilk and 1 egg and add to the flour mixture. Pulse until just combined.

In another bowl, combine shredded cheese with a tablespoon of flour. Add to the dough and mix until only roughly incorporated.

Dump dough onto a generously floured surface and knead a few times just to incorporate cheese. Roll out into a rough round, about 1 inch thick. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter dipped in flour, cut out rounds. Gather scraps, flatten and cut additional rounds.

Transfer biscuits to baking sheet and brush the top of each with egg wash and a sprinkle of sea salt. You can also sprinkle a bit of extra cheese on top if you want. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are golden. Serve hot.

*Note: Biscuits can also be stored at room temperature for up to 1 day and reheated in the oven before serving.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1