Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wonton Pizza poppers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Wonton Pizza poppers Empty
PostSubject: Wonton Pizza poppers   Wonton Pizza poppers EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:11 pm

http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/1942

Triple-Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Poppers

PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 3 poppers): 135 calories, 3.5g fat, 496mg sodium, 16.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 3.5g sugars, 7g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

Fill your wrappers with pizza toppings, bake, and chew -- you'll never go back to those frozen things from Totino's...

Ingredients:
1/3 cup light or low-fat ricotta cheese
12 slices turkey pepperoni (Hormel's is the best!), chopped
3 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
1 1/2 tsp. tomato paste
1/2 tsp. dried minced onion
12 small square wonton wrappers
12 sprays I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
1 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1/8 tsp. Italian seasoning

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, chopped pepperoni, cheese wedges, tomato paste, and dried minced onion. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

Lay two wrappers flat on a clean, dry surface. Spoon a tablespoon of filling into the center of each wrapper. Moisten all four edges of each wrapper by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly. One at a time, fold the bottom left corner of each wrapper to meet the top right corner, forming a triangle and enclosing the filling. Press firmly on the edges to seal. Repeat with all remaining wrappers and filling, gently and evenly placing each "popper" flat on the baking sheet.

Spritz the top of each popper with a spray of butter spray. Evenly sprinkle with Parm-style topping and garlic powder.

Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.

Meanwhile, combine crushed tomatoes with Italian seasoning in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir well. Microwave for 1 minute, or until hot. Give seasoned tomatoes a stir and serve with poppers for dipping. YUM!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Wonton Pizza poppers
Page 1 of 1