Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leftovers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Leftovers Empty
PostSubject: Leftovers   Leftovers EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:46 am

http://www.apartmentguide.com/blog/gobble-til-you-wobble/

Turkey Tostadas
Put 1 thinly sliced red onion in a bowl with 1 cup distilled white vinegar & marinate. Fry tortillas until golden & crispy. Combine 1 onion & 1/4 tsp salt & stir until soft. Add 1/2 t oregano, 2 cups turkey & 1 cup chicken broth & simmer to blend the flavros. Divide turkey mixture among tortillas & top with avocado, cabbage & drained pickled onion. Your taste buds will travel south of the border with tasty tortilla tostadas.

Mashed Potato & Mushroom Casserole
Coursely chop 1 1/2# mushroom halves, combine with garlic, shallots & green beans. Sautee in pan until soft & layer to dress up regular mashed potatoes.

Turkey Empanadas
Get 2 packages of frozen puff pastry & roll up your favorite leftover dishes. Brush on the egg white glaze & bake until golden.

Cranberry thumbprints
Combine 1 cup unsalted butter, 3/4 c light brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 1/2 cups flour, & 3/4 tsp cinnamon for these bite-sized treats! Instead of using jam, fill your thumbprint cookies with leftover cranberry sauce.

Turkey Wrap with Green apples & Brie
Roll up leftover turkey in a whole-wheat wrap. Spread 1 tbsp honey mustard, put turkey in the center & top with 1/2# of brie cheese. Slice 1 granny smith apple, arrange slices & watercress on cheese. Fold like a burrito & serve.

Turkey & Potato Croquettes with Cranberry Apple Salsa
In a sauce pan, combine 2 tbsp butter, 1/3 c chopped onion, 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 milk, & 1/4 cup chicken broth until it forms a paste. Remove from heat & stir in 2 cups turkey. 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, & 1/8 tsp cayenne. Chill mixture until firm & roll into small balls. Cover the balls in flour, egg wash & 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs. Fry in vegetable oil until golden. For the salsa, combine 1/2 c cranberry sauce, 3/4 cup chopped granny smith apple, 1 tbsp honey, 2 chopped scallions, 3 tbsp raisins & 2 minced chilies.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Leftovers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Creative Endeavors :: Recipes :: Holiday :: Thanksgiving-
Jump to: