Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Years :: Resolution Cookies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

New Years :: Resolution Cookies Empty
PostSubject: New Years :: Resolution Cookies   New Years :: Resolution Cookies EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:01 pm

http://cakewhiz.com/cakewhiz/post/New-years-resolution-cookies.aspx

New year's resolution cookies
clock December 28, 2012 20:51 by author Abeer

As 2012 draws to an end, I have been reflecting on all the "ups" and "downs" of this year and overall, I am very happy with how this year turned out and I hope that 2013 is even better than 2012!

Each year, I come up with New Year's resolutions. There are some that I am able to keep and then, there are some that I give up on New Year's Day itself! hahaha Tongue out

This year, instead of writing down my resolutions on a sheet of paper which I tend to lose after only a few days (lol!), I wrote them on peanut butter cookies.

This way, I can eat the cookies as I complete each resolution Laughing

Pretty neat...eh?!

I could have baked a fresh batch of cookies but the store-bought cookies have a longer shelf life and some of these resolutions may take a bit longer to complete...

These are so easy to make and FUN too.

Here are the steps:

Step 1:
Use a round cookie cutter (about the same size as your peanut butter cookies) to cut out cirlces of fondant in various colors. I used my favorite marshmallow fondant recipe. If you want, you can use store-bought fondant. It should work fine too but my marshamllow fondant tastes soooo much better!

Step 2:
Brush some corn syrup on top of the cookies and stick the fondant circles.

Step 3:
Let the fondant-covered cookies sit for about 2 hours at room temperature, uncovered and away from splashes of water. This will harden the fondant slightly and make it easier to write on them.

Use black edible marker to write your resolutions.

Put your cookies in a cookie jar. Wrap a ribbon around it with a cute tag that says: "This year, I will..."

And you are done!

All that's left to do is munch on these cookies as you tackle each resolution Wink

Well folks, this will be my last posting for 2012. I will see you all in 2013.
I wish each and every single one of you a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2013 be filled with lots of happiness!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

New Years :: Resolution Cookies
Page 1 of 1