Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mountain Bars

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Mountain Bars Empty
PostSubject: Mountain Bars   Mountain Bars EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:19 am

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2013/01/mountain-bars/

Mountain Bars

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (from a 14 ounce can)
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 bag chocolate melts or almond bark (12 ounces)
1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts

Instructions
  1. Beat butter, vanilla, salt, and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl with an electric or hand mixer. Slowly beat in powdered sugar until mixture comes together. You should be able to form balls of candy that hold together.
  2. Drop tablespoon sized balls (rolled) onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill until ready to use, at least 30 minutes.
  3. When ready to make candy, line a new cookie sheet with wax paper. Melt your chocolate according to package directions. If it’s cold in your kitchen, it might be helpful to line an electric griddle with an old kitchen towel on low heat (about 200 degrees) and place the bowl of melted candy on top. It keeps the candy warm for you.
  4. Place 1 teaspoon of chocolate evenly spaced on the prepared cookie sheet, one for each ball of candy you made. Spread it slightly. Place a rolled ball of candy in the center of each teaspoon of chocolate.
  5. Mix the chopped peanuts into the remaining chocolate. Cover each ball of candy with 1-2 teaspoons of peanutty chocolate. Use your spoon to spread it so that the chocolate top meets the bottom under the ball, to seal. Chill to harden.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Mountain Bars
Page 1 of 1