Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Glitter Crayon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Glitter Crayon Empty
PostSubject: Glitter Crayon   Glitter Crayon EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:37 am

http://www.minieco.co.uk/wax/

Tangent #1: The friend who bought me the cute owl mold also told me a long while ago about a fab recipe for scones that required just three ingredients. I’m no cook….so this kind of recipe really appeals to me! Coincidentally I saw the same splendid recipe at Frog Goose and Bear today. Check it out….it’s a fun one for the kids…and you’ll never guess what the three ingredients are.

Tangent #2: I have been trying to make bath crayons by melting soap and adding food colouring….one problem…they don’t work. If anyone can shed any light on this I would be eternally grateful…I’ve got no idea where I’m going wrong!

I do really need to join twitter!

To make the glitter sticks you will need:
♥ An empty, clean tin can
♥ Clear/white wax candle (or old wax crayons)
♥ Glitter (fine glitter works best)
♥ Plastic mold
♥ Stick (for stirring)

EDITED TO ADD: I have since made glitter crayons out of old wax crayons and it works better than candle wax!

1) Break a candle up and pop in in a tin can.
2) Put a pan on the stove with about an inch of water in the bottom and bring to the boil. Once the water is boiling reduce to a simmer.
3) Pop the tin can in the water bath.
4) Once all the wax has melted stir in a spoonful of glitter.
5) Pour into your mold….don’t forget to use an oven mitt or tea-towel because the tin will be hot. You can use anything for a mold really. Little yogurt pots work well or any other plastic container.
6) Put mold in the freezer until the wax has set completely.
7) Tap glitter crayon out of mold.

You can also make glitter crayons from normal wax crayons…they work really well as they are a little softer than the candle wax…but superfine glitter is a must
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Glitter Crayon
Page 1 of 1