Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Goat Cheese in herb oil

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Goat Cheese in herb oil Empty
PostSubject: Goat Cheese in herb oil   Goat Cheese in herb oil EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 2:38 am

(url was down when I copied this from a cached page...need to hunt it down again)

I am definitely a cheese fanatic. I love eating it in all shapes and forms. When I learned about this amazing recipe from my fellow food blogger Julia (please check our her awesome blog over at Basically, I’m Always Hungry), I knew I had to try this for myself. The results are pure heaven and a revelation. A few simple herbs and spices and the flavors are just through the roof. And truly this yields not just amazing and flavorful cheese, but the remaining olive oil is simply to die for. I’ve been using it for cooking various dish as well as dressing in salads. I simply cannot say enough about just how great the flavors are. You must try this for yourself!

6 oz of fresh goat cheese (I use raw goat Colby cheese that is harder than the traditional chèvre)
1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 sprigs rosemary
2 sprigs thyme
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
4 juniper berries

DIRECTIONS:

Carefully cut the goat cheese into 2 inch pieces rounds or cubes (this is easier to do when the cheese is cold). Personally I prefer to use a raw goat’s Colby cheese, but this can certainly work with regular goat’s chèvre as well.

Place half the herbs, spices and garlic in the mason jar (I recommend using a wide mouth mason jar it’s easiest and most efficient). Carefully add the cheese rounds/cubes, alternating with the remaining herbs and spices.

Fill the jar completely with olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 days or up to a week.

To serve, bring the goat cheese to room temperature.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Goat Cheese in herb oil
Page 1 of 1