Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Me, too

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Me, too Empty
PostSubject: Me, too   Me, too EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 2:55 am

I have played LoL for many years. I was in Circle of Light my first round (partial round, I think we finished in 9th or 10th??), then the next two rounds I was in QSD (finished in 5th, and 1st). The next round QSD grew and morphed for what was supposed to be a short round, so we decided we were going to have a fun round and we became 2hot2handle and 2cool2care. Things didn't quite go as expected. I led 2cool2care until my computer broke and had to go on vacation mode. When I returned the clan had rather fallen apart. The next round 1/2 the clan went to SaK and the other half went to ZOO, so I joined LEP in Denial of Light (TEE).

The next round, LEP was preparing for single race clans for every race, and I joined him again, this time as an orc, in Nights Betrayal (TEA). My internet was intermittant for most of the time I played with TEA. I stayed in Nights Betrayal as an Orc for 2 more rounds. When I finally got regular internet I decided to create a new clan. Kewl Water Katz. We were mostly new players and finished in the top 20. The next round we merged/joined forces with Supreme Fusion (Kewl Fusion) and finished in the top 10. Through that effort we merged with Bugs clan and became Kewl Katz of Kwan. How we finish still remains to be seen. (Maybe I'll remember to update this when the new round starts)

Finished up with 3 rounds with Hydra (in the driftwood round, evergreen round, and the final f(can't remember the name at the moment) round)

Ok, enough about that. I was born and raised on the west coast of the US. (California{0-5 Northern & 5-25Southern}, then in Washington state for 20 years) until I moved to North Carolina, where I live now. I am 46 and have 3 kids. The oldest is 27 and he just moved back to Washington, and I have a 14 and 9 yo (boy and girl) who live at home. We're homeschooling, and I used to work for my disabled landlord as his aid in the evening (mostly make his dinner, set up his VCR when he needs it, or just hang out and keep him company), but now he's in a nursing home and I'm incomeless, save a small child support payment. Luckily I have made friends who help us out immensely.

My pet peeve: people who think words are more than words. If I say cocoa puffs, captain crunch, or fruitloops in context, it should not make someone fall to their knees and get smuggly superior and shut down their entire reasoning process. (I mean really, what is that?) Sometimes those are the exact words needed to convey a particular emotion, and I just don't get why some people give it more power than it has by deifying a word. I am not a swear everyother word kind of person either....which is the other end of my petpeeve. When people use F this and F that over and over it is just as annoying as them saying 'like' every other word. For the first offenders of my pet peeve I recommend taking a breath and learning acceptance and tolerance. For the second half of offenders I recommend taking a breath and thinking about what you have to say so that you aren't just babbling like an idiot. I'm sure there is a real idea in there somewhere, so calm yourself so you can get to it Wink
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Me, too
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Introductions :: Old Friends from Lords of Legends-
Jump to: