Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Me also!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glocknare

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Me also!   Me also! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:02 pm

Wow, where to begin. I started playing LoL in 2003 or so. I was in Knights in Union as Zircon, along with a friend who lived on the same floor as me in college. I stayed there for a round or two. In the last of those rounds I spent most of my time trying to beat Psyched in a 1ap attack. That earned some notice from the realm. After successfully winning against another player or so in QSD I was asked if I wanted to join them in test. I did, and then subsequently rejoined them in the next full round, that round they were not QSD anymore but HOT. I spent most of that round with them but then ran into some RL stuff that made me stop playing. I started again last year and joined Kewl Water Katz. I think I was there for 1 round. After Katz I lead my own clan Hound Dogs the next round (that would be the round of Supreme Fusion). I enjoyed that round but was not completely ready to run my own clan again so I looked for another clan to join. I was debating between LZY and Join Shorty. I ended up choosing Join Shorty because I saw some players I recognized there (Nyissa and Evenescent formerly Iamshort). The joke was on me. Nyissa was only holding a place in Join Shorty to help out shorty and just after I joined she left to be LZY. Well this round has been interesting. Our leader Evenescent (shorty) unexpectedly had to leave. I still have not heard back from her, so I spoke with the admins and now I'm leader of Join Shorty. This was not what I expected but we needed a leader and other supported me. Now I am looking for a chance to relax and let someone else do the work.

Real life. Well I'm 23, almost 24. I am a librarian in Arkansas. I got my Masters in Library Science with a specialization in Archives and Records Management. I am now the technology librarian (Access Services and Reference) at a community college. I got married in September of 2007. My wife and I have a 2 year old chocolate lab which we adopted from the Humane Society. My wife does not know I play LoL, she does not like it when I game because she says I get consumed by it, so I play it sparingly without her knowledge (don't judge me I'm an addict). Besides by not telling her that I am playing this game I am proving her wrong. You see she did not like it when I gamed and then spent hours telling her about what I did so now I game and don't tell her. That way she cannot get mad about me telling her about gaming. This is also the reason that I miss tics some times, since I need to spend time with her and not the game so I play mostly at work and very little at home. For a librarian I do not read as much as one would think. I am however learning to sail. My wife and her father sail and he now has a 26' sail boat so we sail on the weekends when possible. I cannot think of anything else, what a surprise right.

Speaking of a surprise I did not expect to be back with some old Kat friends. It is a pleasant surprise I assure you.
Back to top Go down
DracoDirk

DracoDirk

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:15 pm

Glocknare,

Pretty cool background. It's a pleasure to have you aboard! Yes it is a small world for sure. There are some Katz here and also someone from QSD too.

I hope you will have fun with us, it's shaping up as being a good fun round for all of us.

~~DracoDirk
Back to top Go down
Glocknare

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:48 pm

I think it will be a wonderful round. I did not expect to see old QSD members, old Katz, or old HOT players. Actually I never realized that the Hydra's and QSD joined to make HOT so this is like one big happy reunion. I am very pleased that I decided to join up. It will indeed be a great round.
Back to top Go down
DracoDirk

DracoDirk

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Glocknare,

One correction, I might have to re-read my history to make sure it's all correct ...

QSD became HOT after winning the QSD round. QSD became two clans "Too Hot to Handle" and "Too Cool to Care" the following round, the Hydra's last round under the Hydra name. It was during this round that we decided to merge clans and become one. If memory serves me correctly, the merged family was Zoo, Machine Gun Kitties and Killer Fluffy Bunnies during the SaK round (the prospector round aka the round from hell!!!)

I still talk to Laura aka xtraKrispy (sp?) from time to time, she no longer does the LofL stuff nor many of the games she used to play, but is still online from time to time and a pleasure to talk to.

~~DracoDirk
Back to top Go down
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:18 pm

Wow, so cool to see you here Glocknare Smile And I wholeheartedly agree leading can be quite draining (thank you draco for making this clan, btw)

I can also add that QSD and Hydra's have a long history of allying. Bloodo always made it known that we would always maintain that alliance.

And I still talk with Sandworm (aka wolfaxe) on occasion as well, although he also isn't playing anymore either. He's an old flirt LOL He occasionally IM's me and threatens to put on his webcam in his "shorts"
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com
Glocknare

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:37 pm

So Hydra and Hot became Zoo. Apparently the equation is thus:

mythical beast + heat = a zoo

Interesting.

Apparently I left right before that merger or you and I would have been clan mates sooner.

I do think I remember the Hydra's and QSD were always on friendly terms. Those were the days. What an amazing opportunity. When I first started I idealized both of those clans and now I get to help continue that legacy. I'm am honored.
Back to top Go down
DracoDirk

DracoDirk

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:04 pm

Cool beans!

Glad you are here, like I said, we have some really good personalities coming along, so it should be fun!

~~dd
Back to top Go down
Glocknare

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 8:54 am

I was trying to figure out where to put this and decided here was a good a place as any. My wife and I learned on Friday that she is allergic to Doxycycline. Yes that's right add yet another medicine my wife cannot take. So how did we find out? Well the doctor prescribed her Doxycycline because she has been sick (back aches, head aches, no energy) nothing big just a little bug that won't go away. So the doctor gave her Doxycycline, this is by the way the third antibiotic she has been prescribed to get rid of whatever is plaguing her. Her intution said don't take the medicine, so she talked to the doctor and nurses and after a long discussion she decided to take it. So she is at work, takes the medicine and within 5 minutes starts itching. It starts in one arm and moves up to the shoulder, into the other arm, up the neck, and to her head. So now she is very itchy and calls me to tell me that she thinks she might be having an allergic reaction. Then her lips and tongue start to tingle. She talks to the doctor who says to take Benadril and come in. So I leave work to go get her, since I drove her to work and she does not have her car. On the way she tells me her boss is taking her in and I need to meet them at the hospital. She figured they would give her a shot of Benadril and she would be fine. Well we spent 3 hours at the hospital, they gave her a shot of Benadril, a staroid shot, and 2 shots of epi. By time she had reached the hospital her tongue and throat had started to swell. Now she has to carry an epi pen with her at all times. Not exactly the way we wanted to spend our day nor how we wanted to learn of her newest allergy but that seems to be life. She is much better now we are just more cautious as well.
Back to top Go down
DracoDirk

DracoDirk

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:44 am

Ouch, that sucks dude!

Thank God she isn't allergic to benedryl!

~~dd
Back to top Go down
Glocknare

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:10 am

Yeah. At least she's not allergic to that. Right now the allergy list is cephlosporins, penicillin, and now Doxycycline. Together half of the known medicines are off the table. I just hope our kids will inherit my allergy list and not hers. (my list: zpac just one medicine that rarely gets used anymore.)
Back to top Go down
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 4:46 pm

I have had bad experiences with chemicals, and so I tend to be a reluctant user. I hope your wife learned to listen to her intuition in the future and won't allow "professionals" to talk her out of what she instinctively knows to be true. (I've had that experience as well, and thank god, my neighbor gave me a bit of a wake up, before the "professional" could cause permanent damage. In my case it was my daughters broken arm. They wrapped her arm so tight that her fingers were turning black. I contacted the doc right away and he told me just to keep her arm raised until her appointment (3 days away----she was 2 at the time), so like a dope I just blindly followed his directions....my neighbor said "I don't care what the doctor said, if it was my kid I would be in the E.R. right now" and it hit me like a slap in the face DOH, turned out the bandages were on so tight that they left abrasions in her skin and had I delayed even a few hours longer she might have lost her fingers...the doctor was considered one of the top surgeons in our county *sigh*)

One thing that may be helpful in regards to the bug that has a hold of your wife is to add foods to her diet that help stimulate her immune system, such as garlic and onions. To combat a bug I would use large quantities. One of the best things about food is that if you use more than your body needs, your body eliminates what's not needed and no side effects (unless of course there are allergies to the particular food). I do this with my kids because they refuse to take their medications. More gets wasted than gets taken. My son has issues around what food he'll eat, but he likes garlic bread and he likes chicken....so when he looks like is going to catch something, I give him garlic bread at every meal, and make my special garlic chicken (stuff the garlic cloves under the skin, all over the chicken and bake....ymmmmm ymmmm so good too. For colds I make a soup that is very spicy. My son won't have any, but my daughter will. Basically it's v8, leftover veggies (adding canned and/or fresh veggies if I have them on hand), broth (if I have it on hand) and tabasco. I also will add some parsley (because I like it, and parsley is a good source of many vitamens and nutrients)

I also use the medicinal teas. I've even fought some rather nasty tooth infections in myself drinking the Echinacea Plus tea .... just need to follow the directions...let it steep for 20 minutes and drink a cup 3-4 times a day. In the case of my tooth, I also used the still hot, used tea bag as a compress over the area that was infected. Usually all is well within a few days.

Perhaps your wife can find a system that will work for her, especially given her new found allergies.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com
Glocknare

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:39 pm

I will try your idea of adding more healthy foods into the mix. Although she is on a diet and there are somethings she can't have as a result. She does love garlic rather frequently has garlic pasta (boil pasta, add some butter, garlic and Parmesan cheese). And she does like onions, we are trying to perfect a recipe she received at her diet class for onion rings using their ingredients, if we can make that work it will be great. I will definitely try to add more tea into her diet. We currently have around 15 different types of tea (very possibly more than that) and we will try to drink more.
Back to top Go down
Anona

Anona

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:47 pm

I know what it's like to live with lots of allergies. I was born allergic to everything! My mom had to feed me only skim milk and I had to get shots for nutrients. I actually have memories as a baby of getting those shots because they were so amazingly painful.

Over the years I've grown into foods. I can now eat most things except for Soy, rice, wheat, strawberries, nuts, shellfish, iodine, and milk.

Thankfully I have no medication allergies. This really doesn't help at all...just sharing the pain. Imagine how much fun it is to eat at restaurants....it is like walking through a mine field!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fremont.com/fremonttroll.html
Glocknare

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 8:35 am

Well that sucks Anona. I'm sorry you have so many allergies. I understand the pain, figuratively speaking. My wife has chronic kidney stones so she has a whole list of foods she can eat but should not because they contribute to kidney stones and we don't want her having to pass another stone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Me also! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me also!   Me also! Empty

Back to top Go down

Me also!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Introductions :: Old Friends from Lords of Legends-
Jump to: