Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I am here

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Claimer

The Claimer

Number of posts : 29
Favorite Quote : we'll ... open thier stomachs, grab thier intestines, and squeeze the s*** out of them!
Registration date : 2008-07-24

I am here Empty
PostSubject: I am here   I am here EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 6:25 pm

First off, every should know that I am AWESOME! Thats right, no delusional self aggrandizement here! king

Seriously though, I like being positive, and being around positive people. DOWNERS SUCK! Thats what I've enjoyed most about this clan so far. I've played other games and been in clans there, and a lot of them just sat around and talked smack and dug in on each other. I like how friendly everyone is here.

This will be my first full round. I came in two weeks before the end of the last round, and managed to get into a clan, notorious warriors, (the weak one, there were two with that name) and got maybe three mails from them.

My real name is Adam, and I am 22. I live in Pocatello Idaho. I just returned from a two year mission about ten months ago, and have been working as a therapist for kids with autism and other developmental disorders. I'll be starting school at ISU here next month. Its gonna be crazy fun being in college.

Well, thats about it for now.

The Claimer
Back to top Go down
DracoDirk

DracoDirk

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-06-07

I am here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am here   I am here EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:44 pm

College can be a fun time in your life for sure. I'm glad I got the experience myself ... and also glad that is over and behind me ... lol ... It was fun once but all that studying. Not sure if I could do it all over again.

Welcome!

~~dd
Back to top Go down
The Claimer

The Claimer

Favorite Quote : we'll ... open thier stomachs, grab thier intestines, and squeeze the s*** out of them!

I am here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am here   I am here EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 10:32 pm

yeah, I'm gonna hate generals. I do however love learning, and am looking to getting into some classes that I'll like.
Back to top Go down
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

I am here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am here   I am here EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 12:25 am

Indeed, I like the energy of this clan, also Wink And I know what you're talking about. In a few other games I've played the clan atmosphere was rather adolescent chest beating, if there was any activity at all.

How do you like working with autism? I was a staff aid in high school and I worked with an autistic boy. I really liked it, although I didn't care for what I was expected to do. (It was my job to bring Tony back to reality if he started talking off the wall. I liked his "world" so when the main staff were busy I let him talk about whatever he wanted and was a captive audience. The look of relief in his eyes spoke volumes to me. I imagine it would be very annoying to say something only to have everyone around you ask you the time, or what you had for lunch)

Where did you do your mission?
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com
The Claimer

The Claimer

I am here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am here   I am here EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 2:05 am

I love my job. It is definitely challenging sometimes though. I work mainly on building life skills with clients, as well as eliminating socially un-acceptable behaviors, such as biting oneself and hitting others. Work on teaching them to make eye contact, greet others, stuff like that.

It is pretty funny the things they do sometimes though. I have a client that speaks 85% of the time in movie lines. He just goes around spouting random lines from movies he likes. When he doesnt know the words, he just adds his own.

One time I had him in my car after him haveing a huge tantrum at the mall, and I was taking him back to our clinic. He was yelling and crying in the backseat, and began to sing "can you feel the love tonight" from the lion king, while still yelling and crying. I know he was frustrated, but it was just too dang funny.

Like I said. I love my job.

I served in the Oregon, Portland mission for 25 months. I loved it. Can't say it was all cake and pie, but it was definitely the experiance of a lifetime. I learned so much about the world around me and about myself to last a lifetime. Its amazing how much helping others helps you too.

The Claimer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I am here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am here   I am here Empty

Back to top Go down

I am here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: Introductions :: Old Friends from Lords of Legends-
Jump to: