Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Friendship Bracelets

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Friendship Bracelets Empty
PostSubject: Friendship Bracelets   Friendship Bracelets EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:48 am

http://crafts.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Friendship_Bracelet_Patterns

The Basic Chevron Pattern

You will need:

* Five strands of embroidery floss in five different colors
* Clipboard

Instructions:

1. Cut each stand approximately 50 inches long for every five inches of finished bracelet.
2. Assign each color a letter or number to identify it. For these instructions letters will be used.
3. Fold the strands in half, and make a knot in the top. Securely clip the knot to the clipboard.
4. Arrange the threads in order, ABCDE EDCBA. It is good to use the darkest color for A.
5. Start on the right with A, and make four backwards knots. In order to make a backwards knot, lay the right thread over the left. Loop the right thread under the left, and pull it up. Repeat.
6. Now, move to the left with A, and make five forward knots in the same way. The fifth knot should be in the center.
7. The threads will now be arranged like: BCDEA AEDCB
8. Continue on like this until you reach the end of the thread or the bracelet is the desired length. Finish with an overhand knot.

More Friendship Bracelet Patterns

There are many free friendship bracelet patterns all over the Internet. The patterns are usually just templates or graphs that show where the colors go. Keep in mind that in order to actually create your own friendship bracelet, you will need to know the basics of how to make a bracelet. You can find simple instructions at Friendship Bracelet Instructions.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Friendship Bracelets
Page 1 of 1