Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crochet Heart Garland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Crochet Heart Garland Empty
PostSubject: Crochet Heart Garland   Crochet Heart Garland EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:45 pm

I've seen so many cute Valentine's Garlands around lately! I saw this cute crocheted heart garland pattern on SkipToMyLou.org, and modified it a bit!

Material Needed:
Size I crochet hook
Worsted weight yarn

Abbreviations:
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
hdc = half double crochet
trc = treble crochet
sl st = slip stitch

Heart:

Round 1: Ch 4. Make all of the next stitches in the first ch. 3 trc, 3 dc, ch 1, 1 trc, ch 1, 3 dc, 3 trc, ch 2, sl st in center.

Round 2: Ch 3, in first trc make sc and hdc, in next stitch 3 hdc, in next stitch 2 hdc, sc in next four stitches, ch 1 dc in trc, ch 1, sc in next four stitches, 2 hdc in next stitch, 3 hdc in next stitch, hdc and sc in next stitch, ch 3 and sl st in center.

Round 3: Ch 3, sc in top of ch 3 from previous row , 2 sc in next stitch, sc in next stitch, 2 sc in next stitch, then sc in each of the next stitches until point of heart, ch 2 for point, sc in next six stitches, then sc in next st, 2 sc in next stitch, sc in next stitch, 2 sc in next stitch, sc in top of ch three from previous row, ch 3 and then sl st in center of heart. Pull the loop to the back and fasten off. Weave in ends.

Garland:

Ch 45, in top of heart sc, ch 6, sc in top of other side of the heart, ch 12, * sc in top of heart, ch 6, sc in top of other side of the heart, ch 12.* Repeat from * to * until all hearts are joined, ch 45 fasten off.

I love the way it turned out! I used some larger (all three rounds) hearts, and some smaller (just two rounds) to give my garland some variety...and I just LOVE it! The pattern is fairly simple and works up quickly, but you do need to know how to make a half double and treble crochet stitch. You will find the basic heart pattern on Suzie’s Stuff.

Enjoy this free pattern and have fun making your own crocheted heart garlands!
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Crochet Heart Garland
Page 1 of 1