Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lip Gloss

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Lip Gloss Empty
PostSubject: Lip Gloss   Lip Gloss EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:19 am

Ingredients

Paraffin wax
Coconut oil
Petroleum jelly
RED Candy melts (to color the gloss and make it taste sweet)
Oil-based candy flavoring (if you want a special flavor)
Grater
Wax paper
Ziploc bag
Small container (recycle old makeup containers or 35mm film containers, or look in stores that carry beads, crafts, or fishing tackle)

Directions

Grate some paraffin wax onto wax paper. Measure 1/4 tsp. grated wax into the plastic bag. Add 1 tsp. coconut oil, 1 tsp. petroleum jelly, and 1 candy melt. Add 1/8 tsp. oil-based candy flavoring if you like. Seal the bag and carefully put it in a bowl of hot tap water to melt ingredients, about 3-5 minutes. (Use tap water! Never use a microwave or stove to heat the water). Once all the ingredients are melted, remove the bag from the water. Squish ingredients around in bag to mix; work quickly! Clip off a tiny corner of the bag and squeeze gloss into the clean container. Let it set for an hour, or put it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Use a cotton swab instead of your finger to apply gloss. Your lip-gloss should last a long time. If it changes color, odor, or texture, though, throw it away.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Lip Gloss Empty
PostSubject: Vanilla lip gloss   Lip Gloss EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:24 am

Ingredients

1 1/2 Tbs. petroleum jelly (or UN-petroleum jelly at health food stores)
1 Tbs. aloe vera gel
1 tsp. sweet almond oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Directions

Heat this gently over a double boiler for a few minutes, until well combined and warmed through. Or, put in a microwave-safe plastic or glass dish and heat on low heat for a minute, stir, and heat for another 20 seconds and stir again. If you're just doing a single recipe, this is all you'll need to heat the mixture before bottling. If you're making large quantities, microwave for a little longer. Spoon or pour the vanilla lip gloss mixture into tiny glass or plastic containers and store in the fridge to harden slightly.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Lip Gloss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potpourri Americana :: The Body :: Soaps, Lotions, and such-
Jump to: