Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jellies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Jellies Empty
PostSubject: Jellies   Jellies EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:49 pm

GRAPE JELLY
3 ½ c. Grape juice (canned)
2 ½ T. lemon juice
1 pkg. pectin
4 ½ c. sugar
Measure sugar and set aside. Combine juices in large heavy saucepan. Stir in pectin. Bring to full rolling boil which you cannot stir down. Add sugar and stir. Bring to a boil and boil hard exactly 2 minutes. Remove from heat and skim off foam. Pour into hot jars. Wipe top of jar. Seal and process in water bath for 10 minutes. Y: about 7 half pints

RED HOT APPLE CINNAMON JELLY

4 c. bottled apple juice
1 package pectin
4 c. sugar
¼ c. Red Hots Candies
Combine juice and pectin in heavy 6 quart saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil which you cannot stir down. Add sugar and red hots. Stir. Bring to a boil. Boil hard for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Skim foam. Pour jelly into hot jars. Wipe top of jar. Seal and process in hot water bath for 10 minutes.

RHUBARB JELLY
Cook rhubarb until it is mushy. Cover with just enough water to cover, the less water the stronger the flavor will be. Strain rhubarb extracting as much juice as possible.
3 c. rhubarb juice
1/3 c. liquid pectin (1 pouch or ½ bottle)
4 ½ c. sugar
Bring juice and pectin to a boil. Add sugar and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Pour into sterilized jars and put lids on. Water bath 15 minutes. This is a delicate, tangy jelly, especially good on thumbprint cookies or waffle or pancakes.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Jellies
Page 1 of 1