Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Silver Dollar Pear Pancakes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Silver Dollar Pear Pancakes Empty
PostSubject: Silver Dollar Pear Pancakes   Silver Dollar Pear Pancakes EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:46 am

http://www.marthastewart.com/330186/silver-dollar-pear-pancakes?center=276958&gallery=275554&slide=258494

The maple syrup keeps the pears from browning before cooking; it also adds flavor and creates a light glaze. This recipe can easily be halved.
Martha Stewart Living, February 1998

Yield Makes about two and one-half dozen 4-inch pancakes
Ingredients

4 Bosc or Bartlett pears
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
Best Buttermilk Pancakes Best Buttermilk Pancakes, batter
Sour cream, for garnish

Directions

Core pears with an apple corer. Starting at the bottom, slice pears crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick rings, and toss in a small bowl with maple syrup and cinnamon.
Heat an electric griddle to 375 degrees or a heavy skillet until very hot. Brush with butter; wipe off excess with a folded paper towel. Place a few pear slices on the griddle, 2 1/2 inches apart. Let cook 1 minute. Ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter into center of each pear ring. Using the bottom of a ladle, gently push batter over edges of pears. Let cook until pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around the edges, about 2 1/2 minutes.
Using a spatula, turn pancakes over; cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute. Repeat with remaining pears and batter. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and extra syrup
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Silver Dollar Pear Pancakes
Page 1 of 1