Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

strawberry bavarois

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

strawberry bavarois Empty
PostSubject: strawberry bavarois   strawberry bavarois EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:15 pm

http://www.annathered.com/2010/04/14/non-bento-23-fun-with-rabbid-1-bavarois/

My boyfriend and I don’t eat sweets at home that much, and the mold was bigger than I expected. So I decided to make fruity jello type dessert “bavarois.” Bavarois is a French desert made with cream, pureed fruit and gelatin, and is a very popular dessert in Japan. Because it has fruit in it, it is quite refreshing. I wasn’t planning on doing a how-to on this, but this is ridiculously easy, so I’m going to do a quick how-to! (I took the pictures of how-to. Sorry about the quality of the pictures.)

strawberry bavarois

Strawberries – the recipe says 200g, but I just put as much as I wanted
Milk – 1/2 cup
Whipping cream – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup and 1 TBS
Flavorless gelatin – 3TBS or 3 packets (if you want it softer, or not using a mold, you can put 2 TBS of gelatin instead of 3 TBS)
Hot water – 3/4 cup (150cc)
Splash of lemon (if you have any)

This recipe makes refreshing not-so-sweet bavarois. If you want it sweeter, add more sugar. (Don’t ask me how much, though. It’s up to you!) Or you can indulge yourself and add some whipped cream!

The best part of this recipe is all you need is a blender and a bowl for gelatin.

1. Bring water to boil and pour it in a bowl. Sprinkle gelatin in let it dissolve.

If gelatin doesn't dissolve, you can microwave it for about 30 seconds. But be careful not to microwave it for too long. It may boil over!

2. Put the strawberries (remove the stems!), milk, sugar and little bit of lemon juice in a blender, and mix until the strawberries are pureed. If you aren’t using a mold, you don’t necessary need to puree the strawberry.

3. Pour gelatin dissolved in hot water into the blender and mix.

4. Pour whipping cream in the blender and mix.

5. Pour the mixture into… anything, such as a mold, glass, tupperware, bowl, etc…

I put the rest of the bavarois in a tupperware.

6. Put it in the fridge and wait until it hardens. (it usually takes about half an hour)

If you aren’t using a mold, you can just dig in with a spoon! But if you’re using a mold, soak the outer surface of the mold in warm water before taking the bavarois out of the mold. It’ll make it easier for the bavarois to come out.

When I was taking the bavarois out, I realized that the mold was actually a bit more complicated than I thought. I even tried to remove any air bubbles after I poured the mixture into the mold, I guess I wasn’t thorough enough. My rabbid had a cavity on his tooth. T_T

The bumpy surface makes it very zombie-like.

I carved the eye part out, and put blueberries in it. It was pretty creepy.

I used the Rabbid cookie cutter I made before to cut out the bavarois in a tupperware.

I also used bunch of different cookie cutter to cut out mini bavarois pieces.

It’s so easy to make, and it makes great refreshing treats especially once the weather starts to get warm. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

strawberry bavarois
Page 1 of 1