Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Upcycle: Bottlecap trivets

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Upcycle: Bottlecap trivets Empty
PostSubject: Upcycle: Bottlecap trivets   Upcycle: Bottlecap trivets EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:30 am

Bottlecap trivets [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
It was another day with a bunch of goodies from you in the shoebox starting with a project sent in by Jeanette Anderson of Otis, Ore. Like a number of you, Jeanette enjoys making things from items other people throw away. Some friends gave her a challenge when they gave her a bag full of bottle caps and said "make something."

There was also some fabric in the bag, so Jeanette fooled them all by making a set of coasters and a trivet (Figure A) [Only admins are allowed to see this link] Jeanette first cut the fabric into 2-inch circles, basted around the outside edge of each circle, put a cap in the middle of each one then pulled the thread to gather the fabric tightly around the cap. Knot thread and tie it off. She then sewed seven of the circles together placing one in the center and the other six on the outside. With remaining bottle caps and fabric she made a trivet by stitching 12 more covered bottle caps to the outside of one of the coasters.

They were very nice. It all reminded me of years ago when we used to do the same kind of thing to make trivets but used purple felt and stitched the covered caps together in what was supposed to resemble a bunch of grapes. Jeanette's were much nicer and certainly much more attractive by using printed fabric instead of plain felt.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Upcycle: Bottlecap trivets
Page 1 of 1