Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newborn Sweater

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Newborn Sweater Empty
PostSubject: Newborn Sweater   Newborn Sweater EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:18 pm

http://patternsforcrochets.info/2011/09/23/baby-bootie-crochet-pattern/

Sweater

It is easy to make the sweater too, which is designed ideally for fitting a newborn baby up to 6 months. The same type of yarn and hook are used.

1 Chain 45, and turn.

2 SC for the next 5 SC. Next, inc. by 2 SC, Chain 2, and in one stitch 2 SC. For the next 8 stitches SC, inc. by working SC for the next 16 stitches, inc., SC for 8 stitches, inc., and SC to the end.

3-12 Continue working the established pattern, even SC on all, inc. for each loop on Chain 2, until all 10 rows ar completed.

13 This is the shaping row: Firstly, hook the Ch 2 loop, crochet to Ch 2 loop, skip all the stitches till the next Ch 2 loop, and crochet that loop. SC each stitch of the next Ch 2 loop, skip all of the stitches till you reach the Ch 2 loop, SC the loop and then SC for each SC to the end, and turn.

Continue working until the sweater is 6 inches in measurement from the underarm. You can fasten off now.

For the right underarm, pick up and Crochet each SC. Continue working in rounds for the arm until it measure the same distance as from the underarm as the body. Repeat to make the left sleeve. Finish by fastening off.

From the lower right hand, start by pick up the end stitch and crocheting 1 SC each stitch at the front opening, around the collar, back down to the other side of the front of the sweater. The openings in the neck collar ar now ready for a ribbon to be run through it, to make the necktie.

There you have it, a crochet sweater that it cozy and warm, with matching booties created by your own hands, especially for your baby. Aah!
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Newborn Sweater
Page 1 of 1