Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

8 Minute Mini Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

8 Minute Mini Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing Empty
PostSubject: 8 Minute Mini Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing   8 Minute Mini Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:15 pm

http://iowagirleats.com/2011/11/23/8-minute-mini-cinnamon-rolls/
8 Minute Mini Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon rolls to start the day off right. They’re warm. They’re sweet. They’re covered in thick icing.
These babies are totally awesome, cause you only need to pop one or two (ok probably 3!) to get the comforting taste of an indulgent cinnamon roll, and YOU control the sugar and butter content in them. Plus they’re really easy. Yep, get ready to channel your inner Sandra Lee and bust out a tube of crescent roll dough. One tube will get you 16 mini cinnamon rolls.

Lay half the dough next to each other, and pinch the seams together. Flip and repeat.

Next take a rolling pin and roll the dough into a square about 1/4″ thick.
Brush on 1 Tablespoon butter, sprinkle with cinnamon, and add a dusting of brown sugar. Roll the dough into one big log, and cut into 8 even slices.

PS you can use as much cinnamon and brown sugar in these rolls as you want. This is a total non-recipe recipe!

Place the rolls into a non-stick sprayed mini muffin tin and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.

As the minis bake, mix up a quick icing made with maple syrup, powdered sugar, and a little bit of milk. While the cinnamon rolls were still warm, drizzle a teaspoon or two of the icing on top of each one.

Makes 16 mini cinnamon rolls

Ingredients:

1-8oz tube crescent roll dough
2 Tablespoons butter
cinnamon
brown sugar

For the maple icing:

1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 Tablespoon skim milk
3/4 cup powdered sugar

Directions:

1. Preheat oven according to crescent roll dough package directions. Layout half the dough (4 triangles) and pinch all the seams together. Flip over and pinch the seams on the back side together too.

2. Using a rolling pin, smooth the seams and roll the dough into a square about 1/4″ thick. Brush with half the butter, and sprinkle with as much cinnamon and brown sugar as you want. Roll into a log and cut into 8 pieces.

3. Place mini cinnamon rolls into a non-stick sprayed mini muffin tin. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the other half of the crescent roll dough. Bake according to package directions.

4. Meanwhile whisk together maple syrup and milk in a bowl. Add in powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls.

These sweet, poppable bites are tiny enough to sit on a spoon… but pack BIG, bold flavor!

I’d advise making a couple batches – they’ll go fast! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

8 Minute Mini Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing
Page 1 of 1