Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Simple Microwave Lemon Curd

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Simple Microwave Lemon Curd Empty
PostSubject: Simple Microwave Lemon Curd   Simple Microwave Lemon Curd EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:29 am

http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/fundamentals-simple-microwave-lemon-curd/
Fundamentals: Simple Microwave Lemon Curd

I am a big fan of all things lemon, so as spring creeps its way through Ohio, I thought I’d try and speed along the process with a week full of delectable lemon posts. First on the agenda is this recipe for simple lemon curd. If you have never made lemon curd before, it’s a very basic process of heating eggs, butter, sugar, lemon juice and zest. This combination of ingredients creates a thick, tart lemon cream that you’ll want to eat with a spoon.

The recipe that I am going to feature today is made in the microwave, so it really can’t be any more simple. Although making lemon curd on the stove top is really not all that difficult, I get a lazy and sometimes don’t feel like messing with a double boiler. With this microwave method, you’ll feel like you’re cheating a bit and possibly become a serious lemon curd addict since you can whip up a batch in about 5 minutes! Once you taste this lemon curd, you’ll be digging through your pantry and fridge just searching for something to slather it on. Stay tuned later this week for ways to use up this simple microwave lemon curd.

Fundamental Information

Lemon curd is a thick, tart, spreadable lemon cream that is made by heating eggs, butter, sugar, lemon juice and zest.
Fundamental Gear

-large microwave safe bowl
-whisk
-sterile, airtight jar
Fundamental Uses

Use it as a spread on toast, scones, muffins, or other baked goods.

Use it as a filling for crepes. Simply spoon the lemon curd into a crepe, roll it up, top with fresh berries and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Use it as a topping for vanilla ice cream, cheesecakes, and cakes.

Stir it into whipped cream and serve with fresh berries for simple dessert.

Stir it into yogurt, oatmeal, or Cream of Wheat for a luscious lemon kick.

Use it as a filling for mini tarts, thumbprint cookies or cupcakes.

Eat it with a spoon, I do!

Looking for other great ways to use up lemon curd? Check out these recipes:
Lemon and Raspberry Tart on Simple Bites
Meyer Lemon Curd from Smith Bites
Steel Cut Oat Pancakes with Lemon Curd from Babble

Save Recipe Print
Microwave Lemon Curd

Yield: about 2 cups
Ingredients:

1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4-5 lemons)
zest of 3 lemons
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions:

1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until smooth and thoroughly combined. Whisk in lemon juice, lemon zest and butter.

2. Cook in the microwave on full power for one minute intervals, stirring after each minute. This process will take about 3-5 minutes depending on the strength of your microwave. You will know the lemon curd is done cooking when it coats the back of a metal spoon.

3. Remove from the microwave, push through a fine, mesh sieve and pour into sterile jar.
Notes:

- Store lemon curd in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Recipe adapted from allrecipes.

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Simple Microwave Lemon Curd
Page 1 of 1