Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strawberry Souffle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Strawberry Souffle Empty
PostSubject: Strawberry Souffle   Strawberry Souffle EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:45 am

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/desserts/strawberry-souffle/?socsrc=bhgtr041412strawberrysouffle

Strawberry Souffle

Ingredients

5 egg whites
Margarine or butter
Sugar
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1/4 - 1/3 cup sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
Strawberry or chocolate-flavored syrup

Directions

1. Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Using margarine or butter, grease six 1-cup souffle dishes or 10-ounce custard cups. Sprinkle with sugar, shaking out any excess sugar. Place dishes on a shallow baking pan or cookie sheet. Set aside.

2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine strawberries and the 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar. Let stand 15 minutes until strawberries become juicy. In a blender container or food processor bowl combine strawberry mixture and cornstarch. Blend or process until smooth. Set aside.

3. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add the 1/2 cup sugar beating for 2 to 3 minutes or until stiff glossy peaks form.

4. With a rubber spatula, push beaten egg whites to the side of the bowl. Pour strawberry mixture into bottom of the bowl. Carefully stir a little of the beaten egg whites into the strawberry mixture. Then fold the two mixtures together (there should be a few pink streaks remaining). Divide mixture evenly among prepared dishes.

5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately with strawberry or chocolate syrup. Makes 6 individual souffles.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Strawberry Souffle
Page 1 of 1