Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Five Minute Bread--(A Refrigerator Mix)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Five Minute Bread--(A Refrigerator Mix) Empty
PostSubject: Five Minute Bread--(A Refrigerator Mix)   Five Minute Bread--(A Refrigerator Mix) EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:16 am

This mix is for your refrigerator and allows you to have have hot homemade bread for dinner whenever you want!

Love this book!
A few years ago I stumbled across this book and it has been one of my favorites ever since! The whole idea is to make up a batch of bread dough and then be able to keep it in your refrigerator for up to two weeks, allowing you to have fresh, hot homemade bread whenever you like. The book is packed full of recipes and tips. Also, be sure to check out their website for more great ideas!

The Master Boule recipe is one of my family's favorite for everyday. We have made baguettes, cinnamon rolls, bread bowls and even pizza on the grill with it. It only takes 5 minutes to mix up (hence the name), a couple of hours to rise and then it is ready to bake.

To make the dough you will need:

-four qt. container for mixing
-flour (unbleached or all purpose)
-salt
-yeast
-warm water

Step1: Measure 6 1/2 cups of flour into your container using the scoop and sweep method.

Step 2: Add 1 1/2 Tbsp. yeast to flour (or approx. 2 pkgs.)

Step 3: Add 1 1/2 Tbsp. salt to yeast and salt

Step 4: Whisk dry ingredients together. I use a danish dough whisk to mix my ingredients together and then mix the dough. It does a great job of mixing up the dough and is easier to clean than a regular spoon. You can use whatever you have on hand.
Danish Dough Whisk
Step 5: Add 3 C. warm water and mix till flour is all moist. You do not have to knead!
The dough should be moist with no dry flour in the bottom of the bowl. It may even seem sticky, but it's okay!
Step 6: Lay the top on the container but DON'T seal. Set in a warm place to rise.
Dough before rising
Let rise until doubled in size (about 1 1/2-2 hours). Pop the top on and put in the refrigerator.
Dough after rising

Baking instructions
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1