Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

French toast dumplings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

French toast dumplings Empty
PostSubject: French toast dumplings   French toast dumplings EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 4:54 am

http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/07/french-toast-dumplings-simmered-in-maple-syrup.html
Just think of these hot, gooey and tender dumplings as French Toast unplugged! With every melt in your mouth bite, you get all of the greatness of French Toast, with over the top, almost too good to be true flavor! These fluffy, yet tender & soft dumplings are seriously one of the best things I’ve ever put in my mouth! They’re beyond explanation. In a matter of minutes you can be starting your day with a steaming bowl of the best and most unique French Toast breakfast you’ve ever had..Good Morning! Smile

What you’ll need:

1 can of Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits

1.5 cups Maple Syrup..good quality if possible

1/3 cup Brown Sugar

1 tsp. Nutmeg

1 cup cinnamon Sugar (1 part Sugar to 1/2 part Cinnamon)

A dollop of Mascarpone..optional

Directions:

In a medium sauce pot add the Maple Syrup and the Brown Sugar..bring up to a simmer

Cut each raw biscuit into fourths and roll each section into a ball

Gently add them into the simmering syrup..leaving room for them to puff up..they get puffy! Smile

Cover them and let them simmer until they’ve doubled in size..turning them once, to coat each side of the dumplings evenly in the thick and amazing reduced syrup sauce!

Let them cool

While they’re cooling, mix up the cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg in a bowl..set aside.

Gently toss each dumpling in the Cinnamon/Sugar/Nutmeg mix..for that French Toast crunch!

Pile a few dumplings into your bowl and top them with a scoop of Mascarpone or Sour Cream & a nice drizzle of the reduced Maple Syrup Crack Sauce! Wink

O my!! Take a bite of the most soft, tender and incredible version of French Toast you’ll ever have! ~Enjoy! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

French toast dumplings
Page 1 of 1