Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mediterranean Shrimp Skillet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Mediterranean Shrimp Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Mediterranean Shrimp Skillet   Mediterranean Shrimp Skillet EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:23 pm

http://iowagirleats.com/2012/08/13/mediterranean-shrimp-or-chicken-skillet/

This easy weeknight dinner incorporating delicate angel hair pasta with the fresh, simple Mediterranean flavors of basil, tomato, spinach, lemon, and feta cheese is ridiculously quick, and totally satisfies.

My Mom made the skillet for my Dad and herself a few weeks ago and could not stop raving about it. A pre-tested, easy, flavorful dinner recipe? Sign me up! Very Happy

K, I wasn’t kidding when I told you this cooks fast, so make sure you’ve got all your ingredients ready to go before you begin!

First, heat a large skillet with 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat, then start cooking 8oz angel hair pasta in lightly salted boiling water in a pot next door.

While the pasta’s cookin’, place 1-1/2lbs raw, peeled & de-veined shrimp into the oil then season with salt & pepper and cook through, flipping once. Add 3 cloves minced garlic to the skillet then cook for 1 more minute. (That is not 1-1/2lbs in the picture, FYI.)

Remove the shrimp and garlic to a plate then check on your pasta. Drain and set it aside if it’s ready.

Next, in the same skillet, add 1 cup chicken broth, 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon dried basil.

Whisk together 1/2 cup additional chicken broth with 2 teaspoons cornstarch, then drizzle into the skillet.

Let the mixture bubble until it’s slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.

Add in 4 cups chopped spinach, 2 cups cherry tomatoes, and the cooked shrimp and garlic to the sauce next. then cook for another 30 seconds or so to let the spinach wilt and the tomatoes burst.

Finally, add the cooked and drained angel hair pasta then toss everything to combine.

Plate with TONS of feta cheese, fresh basil, and a twist of freshly cracked pepper (my secret to making any dish appear more fancy than it really is!) on top. Seriously, that took like what – 15 minutes? Tops!

Serves 4

Ingredients:

8oz dry angel hair pasta
1-1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1-1/2lbs raw medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried basil (could use Italian seasoning)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 cups chopped fresh spinach
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
1/4 cup torn fresh basil

Directions:

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. At the same time, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then stir together 1/2 cup chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside. Drop the pasta into the water and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.

2. Meanwhile, add shrimp to the hot oil, season with salt & pepper, then cook through flipping once. Add garlic and stir continuously for 30 more seconds. Remove shrimp and garlic to a plate and set aside.

3. To the same skillet add 1 cup chicken broth, lemon juice, and dried basil. Pour in cornstarch and chicken broth mixture then bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add spinach, cherry tomatoes, and cooked shrimp and garlic,then stir until spinach is wilted. Turn off heat, add in cooked pasta, and toss to combine.

4. Divide amongst plates then serve topped with feta cheese, fresh basil, and freshly cracked pepper, if desired.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1