Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coconut Shrimp w/Spiced SweetPotato Mash & Almond Joy Butter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Coconut Shrimp w/Spiced SweetPotato Mash & Almond Joy Butter Empty
PostSubject: Coconut Shrimp w/Spiced SweetPotato Mash & Almond Joy Butter   Coconut Shrimp w/Spiced SweetPotato Mash & Almond Joy Butter EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Total Time: 55 min
Prep 35 min
Cook 20 min
Yield: 4 servings
Level: Easy

Ingredients

Vegetable oil, for frying
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces
1 cup Almond Joy pieces
1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (known as panko)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
10 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 eggs, beaten
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup almonds, roasted and sliced
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch cayenne pepper
1/2 cup heavy cream
Fill a pot filed with several inches of vegetable oil and heat to 350 degrees F.

Directions

In a pot of boiling water, add the sweet potatoes and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.

While the potatoes are cooking, start the shrimp. Grind the Almond Joy pieces in a food processor until finely chopped. In a bowl, add half of the candy, the breadcrumbs, coconut, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pat the shrimp dry, dip in the egg and then in the coconut mixture. Set aside.

For the compound butter, mix the rest of the candy with the softened butter, almonds and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Drain the sweet potatoes and mash with the smoked paprika, cinnamon, cayenne and heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper. Hold warm over low heat.

Fry the shrimp until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.

To serve, place a spoonful of the sweet potato mash on a plate, top with 3 pieces of the shrimp and serve the Almond Joy butter on the side.

Notes
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/coconut-shrimp-with-spiced-sweet-potato-mash-and-almond-joy-butter-recipe/index.html
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Coconut Shrimp w/Spiced SweetPotato Mash & Almond Joy Butter
Page 1 of 1