Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Winter Sugar Cookies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Winter Sugar Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Winter Sugar Cookies   Winter Sugar Cookies EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:12 pm

http://www.bakedperfection.com/2009/12/winter-sugar-cookies.html

Winter Sugar Cookies
recipe from Baked Perfection

3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 almond extract
2 eggs

Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until fully absorbed. Separate dough into two disks, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On a clean floured surface, roll out one disk of dough at a time to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are barely brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks. Decorate as desired.

============================================================

When I was little my mom used to call me the cookie monster. I guess I never grew out of it. I think cookies are also good to have around when you have guests and they are perfect for a party. Some desserts are too intimidating and people will be less likely to try them. But have you ever met somebody who is intimidated by a cookie? Nope, me neither. As for these sugar cookies, they are simple, classic, and delicious. If you are feeling ambitious you can pipe fancy decorations for your cookies, or you can take the easy way out like me and dust them with a little sanding sugar. I made this baby blue sugar by putting 1/4 cup of sugar in a zip lock bag with a few drops of blue food coloring. All you have to do is shake and squish it around until it is evenly blended.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Winter Sugar Cookies
Page 1 of 1