Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Garlic Miso Chicken Wings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Garlic Miso Chicken Wings Empty
PostSubject: Garlic Miso Chicken Wings   Garlic Miso Chicken Wings EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:47 pm

http://justonecookbook.com/blog/recipes/garlic-miso-chicken-wings/

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 25 minutes

Yield: Serves 2-4

Ingredients:

10 chicken wings (or any parts of chicken)
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. Miso - I use awase miso paste (red & white mixed)
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. mirin

Instructions:

Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towel. Prick the chicken with a fork and put them in a Ziploc bag.
Mince the garlic (I use garlic press) and combine it with miso in a small bowl.
Add the mixture into the Ziploc bag and rub it all over the chicken from outside the bag. Keep in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours (preferably overnight).
About 3 hours before cooking, add soy sauce and mirin in the bag and mix well. Keep in the fridge until you are ready to cook.
Line a baking pan bottom with aluminum foil (so that you don’t have to clean later) and oil the broiler rack. Place the chicken on the broiler rack skin side down first. Set the broiler to High and broil for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned. Then flip the chicken (now skin side is up) and broil for another 10 minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on the oven.
If you use other parts of chicken like chicken thigh or breast, preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place the meat on top. Bake for 30 minutes or more depending on the part you use. Turn the chicken over half way during cooking process. Serve immediately.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1