Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Healthy Nutella

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Healthy Nutella Empty
PostSubject: Healthy Nutella   Healthy Nutella EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:52 pm

http://skinnyms.com/skinny-nutella-spread-the-healthier-version/

Yields: 15 | Serving size: 1 tablespoon | Calories: 57 | Previous Points: 1 Points Plus: 2 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |Sodium: 21 mg | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Dietary fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 1 g

Ingredients

1 cup hazelnuts, skinned
3/4 cup chocolate chips (for gluten and dairy free try Enjoy Life Brand and for no added refined sugar try SunSpire Bittersweet chips...grain sweetened)
3/4 cup lite coconut milk, canned (almond or regular milk will work)
1 1/2 tablespoons mild honey
Pinch of Kosher or sea salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Evenly spread hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and roast approximately 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool at room temperature. Remove skins by placing hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and rubbing until the skins fall off.

In a medium saucepan, add chocolate chips, milk, honey and salt, turn to low heat and heat until chips are completely melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly while preparing hazelnuts.

Add hazelnuts to a food processor and pulse until a butter like consistency...about 5 minutes. The nuts will have a slightly grainy consistency and that's okay, a little is fine. Add chocolate mixture to food processor and pulse until well combined with hazelnut butter.

Add nutella to a glass container, allow to cool completely, cover and refrigerate. Nutella will thicken after being refrigerated. This recipe makes approximately one pint.

NOTE: The fats in this recipe are healthy fats which come from the hazelnuts and coconut milk...both are superfoods that are packed with health benefits.

Homemade Nutella makes wonderful gifts for the holidays. Add Nutella to 1/2 pint sized canning jars, tie a bow around the lid and you've got your gifts!
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Healthy Nutella
Page 1 of 1