Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marshmallow Shooter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Marshmallow Shooter Empty
PostSubject: Marshmallow Shooter   Marshmallow Shooter EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:11 am

http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2011/09/mini-marshmallow-shooters-or-pom-pom.html

Mini Marshmallow Shooters (or Pom Pom Poppers)
A few months ago, when I was first introduced to Pinterest, I came across this idea from Real Simple. I thought it looked like something the kids would enjoy, but we just never got around to doing it over the summer. Then this week the kids had a day off school and it was the first day it didn't rain in what seems like ages! I gathered up some balloons, plastic cups, mini marshmallows and pom poms and we had a great time. These little contraptions are really easy and inexpensive to make, but boy, can they really launch a marshmallow!

Here's how we made ours ( I made a few small changes from the original idea)

You'll need:

* plastic cups (ours were 9 oz)

* balloons ( ours were 12")

* mini marshmallows (or pom poms)

* scissors (not pictured)

And here's what you need to do:

1. Cut the bottom part off of your plastic cup. I found it worked best to double up the cups and I cut off the bottom third.

See how there's two cups nestled together?

2. Tie a knot at the end of your balloon and cut off about 1/2" from the other end.

3. Now stretch the balloon over the end of the cup. I found it worked best to put the balloon on the top part of the cup where the lip is, otherwise the cup would bend too much when I put the balloon on. Perhaps if you have a sturdier cup, you wouldn't need to use two cups together and you could put the balloon on the cut end (like in the original), but our way worked really well for us. (UPDATE: A commenter said she used a empty yogurt container and it worked well ~ good idea since some brands tend to be pretty sturdy, plus you're recycling!)

That's it! Now it's time to do some launching! Just put your marshmallow inside the cup on the knotted center, then aim the cup away from you, pull back on the outer knot and launch away!

The face says it all ~ he LOVED it!

**NOTE** The marshmallows went MUCH farther than the pom poms, but I have enough problems with food in unwanted places inside the house. There was no way I was going to intentionally encourage the kids to shoot more food around! Therefore, my rule with these fun new toys was marshmallows outside, only pom poms inside. (I know I'll still be finding pom poms in hidden corners for the next several months, but at least they won't be covered with ants!)
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Marshmallow Shooter
Page 1 of 1