Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marshmallow Creme

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Marshmallow Creme Empty
PostSubject: Marshmallow Creme   Marshmallow Creme EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:38 am

http://www.krissys-creations.com/2012/08/homemade-marshmallow-creme.html

Homemade Marshmallow Creme

Makes: About 3 Cups

¾ cups Sugar
½ cup Light Corn Syrup
¼ cup Water
Pinch Salt
2 large Egg Whites
¼ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1 ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract

In a small saucepan, stir together the sugar, light corn syrup, water, and salt. Place the pan over medium-high heat and attach a candy thermometer to the side of the pan (being sure the bottom of the thermometer is touching the sugar mixture). Heat the mixture until it reaches exactly 240 degrees.

While the sugar mixture is heating up, place the egg whites and the cream of tartar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk until the soft peaks form, and then reduce the speed to low.

Once the sugar mixture reaches exactly 240 degrees, remove the pan from the heat and slowly pour the mixture down the side of the mixer, with the mixer running on low speed. Once you had added all the sugar, increase the speed to medium-high and whip until hard peaks form and the mixture is thick, glossy, and white – It will take about 5-7 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat a couple more minutes.

Use immediately or place in a sealed container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

Recipe from Annie Eats, who got it from Marshmallow Madness by Shauna Sever.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Marshmallow Creme
Page 1 of 1