Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elderflower Liqueur

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Elderflower Liqueur Empty
PostSubject: Elderflower Liqueur   Elderflower Liqueur EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:41 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Makes 4 cups

I based this on an Italian limoncello recipe. I’ve used liters to measure the liquids because vodka usually is measured by the liter. If this measurement throws you, just substitute quart for liter and pint for half a liter. These measurements do not have to be exact.

• 12 ounces elderflowers, rinsed and cleaned
• 3 ounces fresh lemon balm leaves, rinsed
• Peel of three lemons (avoid the bitter white pith)
• ½ liter vodka
• 2 cups sugar syrup (use less if you want the final drink to be less sweet)

Sugar syrup:
• 2 cups water
• 1 cup sugar

1. Stuff elder blossoms, lemon balm and lemon peel into a clean glass jar.

2. Pour vodka over herbs and press down so vodka covers everything. Let jar sit on countertop for 1 month. Shake it once a day; the vodka gradually will turn deep amber in color.

3. After a month, remove herbs and lemon peel. Squeeze them over a large bowl to remove the flavored vodka. Strain the vodka in the jar through a sieve into the same bowl. Thoroughly clean the jar, then return the flavored vodka to the jar.

4. Make sugar syrup: Bring water to a boil. Add sugar, return to boil and simmer until liquid is clear. Remove from heat and cool.

5. Add cooled sugar syrup to jar, cover, and let sit for another 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, pour liqueur into small, decorative bottles and seal. To serve, pour a portion into a small container and chill in the freezer until very cold. Serve in chilled cordial glasses.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Elderflower Liqueur
Page 1 of 1