Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lavender Cookies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Lavender Cookies Empty
PostSubject: Lavender Cookies   Lavender Cookies EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:12 am

http://everycakeyoubake.blogspot.com/2009/07/lawenda-i-lawendowe-ciasteczka.html

Dried lavender leaves can be added to fatty meats and vegetables and lavender sprigs are handy at the grill, thrown into the fire because smoke compartmentation gives baked dishes a pleasant aroma. I, of course, think the most intriguing use is in a lavender pastry Smile

The sheer beauty of small flowers and lilac color decoration is perfect for desserts and pastries, and to keep their advantages for longer, the flowers can be candied, like violets.

Dried flowers, in turn, can be added to any sweetener, when you want to get a delicate aroma of lavender. I have an idea for a homemade lavender sugar Smile As an experiment I decided to examine whether the dried flowers of lavender are able flavor sugar crystals like vanilla. Smile You can always experiment but in the case of lavender in the kitchen is one rule - you have to use it sparingly and rather gently. Otherwise, you get the taste of soap Wink

Lavender cookies:

3/4 cup granulated sugar,
1 teaspoon of dried lavender,
140 g butter,
1 teaspoon lemon peel grazed,
1 and 3/4 cup flour,
3 egg yolks,
a pinch of salt,
about half a cup of fine crystal sugar cookies to rounding. Mix the icing sugar with lavender. Add the butter, lemon zest and salt and mix until all the butter will become white and fluffy. Add flour and mix. Finally, add egg yolks and mix until combine the cake. Form dough into a ball and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Roll out the dough to about 1.5 cm thick and cut out cookies. Each cake coat both sides with sugar crystals. Bake for about 15 minutes. the browning edges.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Lavender Cookies
Page 1 of 1