Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vegan Espresso Walnut No Bake Brownies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Vegan Espresso Walnut No Bake Brownies Empty
PostSubject: Vegan Espresso Walnut No Bake Brownies   Vegan Espresso Walnut No Bake Brownies EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:46 am

http://minimalistbaker.com/5-minute-espresso-walnut-brownies/

5 Minute Espresso Walnut Brownies {No Bake}

Prep time 5 mins

Total time 5 mins

A no bake, fudgy brownie that’s refined sugar-, gluten-, and dairy-free. Rich, moist, dense and full of chocolate espresso flavor.

Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Vegan
Serves: ~ 20

Ingredients

1.5 cups raw walnuts, divided
1 cup raw unsalted almonds, roughly chopped

2 – 2½ cups Medjool or Deglet Nour dates, pitted
¾ cup cocoa powder OR raw cacao if you have it
1-2 tsp espresso powder or finely ground coffee (depending on preference)
pinch sea salt

Instructions

1. Place 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup almonds in food processor and process until finely ground.
  2. Add the cocoa powder or cacao, espresso powder and sea salt. Pulse to combine and then transfer to bowl and set aside.
  3. Add the dates to the food processor and process until small bits remain. Remove from bowl and set aside.
  4. Add nut and cocoa mixture back into food processor and while processing, drop small handfuls of the date pieces down into the food processor spout. Process until a dough consistency is achieved, adding more dates if the mixture does not hold together when squeezed in your hand.
  5. Add the brownie mixture to a small parchment lined cake pan or loaf pan and add remaining ½ cup roughly roughly chopped walnuts. Toss to combine and evenly distribute, and then press down with you hands until it is flat and firm.
  6. Place in freezer or fridge to chill before cutting. Store in an airtight container to keep fresh. Will keep in the fridge for at least 2 weeks and in the freezer for at least 2 months.

Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 brownie Calories: 173 Fat: 8 g Saturated fat: 0.8 g Carbohydrates: 25 g Sugar: 18 g Sodium: 13 mg Fiber: 5.2 g Protein: 5 g
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Vegan Espresso Walnut No Bake Brownies
Page 1 of 1